Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Slow changes

Over the past few months I have gone from working out with Janelle for about every workout to only working out with her maybe twice in a two week period. 


I didn't realize that this had completely happened until yesterday when I sent Janelle a text telling her that we have to plan a Wednesday workout and if not we won't ever have time to workout together.


This has been a slow change over the past few months. Heck, I bet this change has been happening for about a year, but it's just been so gradual that no one was realizing it. Our routine was to workout in the afternoon after we were off work and in the summer we would workout in the early morning. 


I'm able to workout alone, I just don't like it as much. I need a lot more will power and dedication to make it happen. I feel like I don't push myself enough and I also feel like I forget things that I should be doing. I have to keep reminding myself that I do like to workout, even if it's alone, and I have to stay focused for what I really want.


I prefer to workout with Janelle because I know a get a good workout and I get some girl talk time. 


I think that's what I'm really missing right now; girl talk with Janelle. Workouts are about the only time I see Janelle these days and the only time we really get to talk and vent about work, working out, family, etc. Our schedules have gone totally flip flopped from each other. We don't really have a choice to workout together right now. 


Really. this is just a whole lot of whining because I'm losing my regular workout partner. These days we have to literally make appointments with each other just to see each other and get a workout in with each other. 


I'm trying to stay positive though; Summer is almost here. I will have a little more time and Janelle will have a lot more time. Hopefully we will find common time to workout then....



No comments:

Post a Comment