Monday, January 24, 2011

My new obsession.

            I’m not even ashamed to admit it, but I love Richard Simmons. I was actually writing something different and looking for pictures to go along with it, and a picture of Richard Simmons appeared. I immediately decided to switch topics.

            I really want a Sweatin’ to the Oldies dvd and until about a month ago, I didn’t think you could even find them anywhere. I was looking for a yoga dvd and I kept coming across new Richard Simmons dvds. I didn’t buy one because they were backordered for like 3 months. I knew I couldn’t wait that long, so I passed. I did call my mom and tell her about them. I think I have her convinced to buy one.

            I know I have my mom convinced. She said she wanted one and wanted to know if I would come over and do it with her. “Hell yea,” I told her. I want to rock out with Richard. He is freakin’ awesome. He is peppy, happy, motivational, energetic, helpful…basically, everything I’m not, and I can’t get enough of him.

            He was on Ellen the other week, and I was sad I couldn’t watch the whole interview. I was at the gym (go figure) and it was hard to hear what he was saying. I did stand there doing nothing for a good 5 minutes before Janelle brought me back to reality. After that I’m sure I told her about my love of Richard.

            I mean, really, what’s not to like? He wants to help people and shows them how easy it can really be to get moving. He’s been helping people for over 20 years and he really enjoys what he’s doing. I tell anyone who will listen about how awesome he is, and I’m sure most people are tired of hearing me talk about it.

The other night I was telling my friends mom that we were going to start “Sweatin’ to the Oldies” and she said that she would be there every time! She then said that she still has her old Richard Simmons vhs tapes. It also sparked the same ol’ conversation of me telling everyone who would listen about how awesome Richard really is. This time, everyone listening totally agreed with me too!

I’ll leave you with a few photos of Richard. How could  you not love him?





4 comments:

  1. how can anyone NOT love Richard Simmons? :) I have to totally agree. He has an energy that is infectious! I hope you find the DVD's.. and post about the workouts. I remember doing some Sweatin' To The Oldies years ago.. and man, it IS a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw him on one show recently I just cant remember what. He is still as flamboyant as ever! I never did his workouts though I will try to see if i can find any and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His video's aren't hard, but they are fun for people that aren't very coordinated to do the dancing workouts. They are perfect for people who want to get up and get moving, but just aren't dancers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love him, and I wish I had a tenth of his energy! What he has done for so many people is truly commendable.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete