Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good-bye old friend....

The first item I ever bought from 31.
I'm pretty sure this spurred an
expensive addiction!
I'm sure you all opened this thinking that someone near and dear to me has moved on or passed away. In a way I did lose someone near and dear to me, it's just not a person....it's my lunch bag. 


I have been using the same lunch bag for about 2 years now. It is a 31 bag and it has been amazing. I used that bad boy faithfully. I mean, I eat on a schedule. I pack food everywhere I go. When I go to work I take at least 2 or 3 meals with me; depending on how long I have to work. This bag has been amazing. I've put a lot of miles on it, and now I have to get a new one. 


The thought occurred to me this morning, when I was grabbing it to throw my food in, that this lunch bag was looking pretty raggedy. I looked at the bottom and all the white dots are turning off white and the corners are starting to tear. Then I looked inside and the foil looking part used for a liner is starting to tear apart. There are big exposed parts and the exposed parts used to be white, but now they are slightly discolored. I also noticed a funky smell today..... 


I was so tired of telling people that I
wasn't on a diet that I had it put on my
lunch bag!
I'm pretty sad about losing my dear lunch bag. I'm most sad about it because it had the wonderful saying "Not a Diet" embroidered on it. My lunch bag and that saying are really what spurred the title to this blog and a lot of good conversations. People would look at it and say, "Sarah, why the hell does that lunch box say not a diet...." Many good conversations were started that way. 


I don't think I'm going to buy another personalized lunch bag. I'll just get attached (because it will be awesome) and it will wear out and I will have to throw it out and buy a new one. I'll just be too sad. I think I'm going to go to the store and just buy a generic one. I sound like a baby right now, but I love my lunch bag! 




6 comments:

  1. what if you did buy a new one and gave yourself a new motto to push you through to the next stage? it might be some great motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lissa-you should get a new one with a motto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute lunch box! I hope your replacement is something you love too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will send duct tape! Stat! ;)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 3 Thirty-One lunch bags (the smaller sized ones that are no longer available) because I bought one and both of my girls fell in love with it, so I had to order two more. I love what you personalized it with!!! I think you should order a new one. I love my Thirty-One lunch bags, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a lunch box like that one!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete