Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Long, rambling update.

The real update is that there is no update! I am in the same place I've been for the past few months. So, 133 pounds lost. I'm totally ok with this. I just want to maintain. 

Now, I do have a lot I want to ramble about. I'm going to try to be organized about it, but my brain gets out of control sometimes, and I can't keep my thoughts all in a line. 

1. I did start jogging again. I was going to do the same program I followed before, but then I got sick. I was shocked. I haven't been sick in a long time, but the weather has been crazy and my allergies have been out of control. So, while I was sick I read up on the real Couch to 5K thingy and decided to give it a try. 

How do I feel about it? I like it. It's different. It gives me something on paper to follow. I like having a plan when I get to the gym, and when I can complete that plan, I feel great. I'm in my third week. I'm adding the jogging in on top of my regular workouts. I'm trying to be more active. 

2. Speaking of active, I'm also trying this 100 push ups thing. You can find their website here. I'm also in the third week for this program. I was starting this the same time I was starting the jogging again, but I got sick and ended up moving it back a week. This site has a lot of cool little challenges. I think I will do more, depending on how the push up thing goes. I've pretty much managed to put myself on the middle track. Every so often I have to see how many push ups I can do at one time and that helps me to determine what workouts I will do. I like it. It gives me something else on paper to follow. I'm also doing this in addition to my regular workouts. 

3. So, I got sick. It really effed me up for a few weeks. I thought I was having allergies and a cold, but I really had bronchitis. I kept looking at my doctor like he was crazy. I have not had bronchitis in I don't know how long. I didn't even feel bad. I went to the doctor to get more allergy medicine and I figured since I was there I would ask him about this cough I could not get rid of. Turns out my cold was worse than I thought! Anyway, I've been on the meds for about a week now and I feel a lot better. 

4. The holidays have been in full swing around me. I feel myself being too tempted. I know I have not been the best eater lately. It's starting to weigh on my conscience too. I'm really needing to tighten the reigns here for the rest of the year.....and next year. I don't feel myself slipping backward, but I'm noticing little habits creeping back in. I'm trying to catch them and squash them before it gets bad, but I know I have not been the best eater lately. Working out has been no problem. I wish I had more time for the gym, then I could just pig out all day....yum. 

5. There is something that has been bothering me lately.....skin. I am so over this extra skin. I'm sure a lot of you can understand that feeling too. I just want it gone. It will not go away on it's own. I'm am very proud of the fact that I lost all this weight with no medical intervention. I worked my ass off, literally. It was a slow process and I will forever be so proud of what I did, but this extra skin is really giving me different body issues. I'm at the point that I don't even want my boyfriend to see me in pajamas.....and that is a really unrealistic request! I need to save money to get it removed, but there are so many other things I need before I do that. It's on my list though, and it will happen. I'm just so tired of all this skin. 

Well, that's my rambling update for the day. I need to spend more time on my blog and reading other blogs, but I just get so busy. I'm thinking about scheduling a true "blog time" for myself a few days a week! That might help me get my act together and keep me more accountable to myself!

5 comments:

  1. I think you are super inspiring for getting 133 lbs off and maintaining! Maintaining was the tough part for me.

    The holidays are definitely harder to stay at it but I think you will be great! It seems like so many of my bloggers or their kids are sick recently. There must be something going around.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your old belt is longer than your height, wow!! You must be the biggest loser. You actually look like a different person from your 'before and after pictures. great achievement there Sarah.

    Fat Loss Factor Testimonials

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly inspiring! I just found your blog and I am a new follower.... I look forward to reading more about your journey... *Maria*~DiZneDiVa, Blogger from "Confessions of a Cupcake Addict... 1 vs 300" danceofthesugarycupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that losing 133 lbs. is amazing. However, you are so right, maintaining is the hard part. Kudos for working out, the first sign of push-ups and that would have been it.

    from Bella @PhD in Psychology

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete