The real update is that there is no update! I am in the same place I've been for the past few months. So, 133 pounds lost. I'm totally ok with this. I just want to maintain.
Now, I do have a lot I want to ramble about. I'm going to try to be organized about it, but my brain gets out of control sometimes, and I can't keep my thoughts all in a line.
1. I did start jogging again. I was going to do the same program I followed before, but then I got sick. I was shocked. I haven't been sick in a long time, but the weather has been crazy and my allergies have been out of control. So, while I was sick I read up on the real Couch to 5K thingy and decided to give it a try.
How do I feel about it? I like it. It's different. It gives me something on paper to follow. I like having a plan when I get to the gym, and when I can complete that plan, I feel great. I'm in my third week. I'm adding the jogging in on top of my regular workouts. I'm trying to be more active.
2. Speaking of active, I'm also trying this 100 push ups thing. You can find their website here. I'm also in the third week for this program. I was starting this the same time I was starting the jogging again, but I got sick and ended up moving it back a week. This site has a lot of cool little challenges. I think I will do more, depending on how the push up thing goes. I've pretty much managed to put myself on the middle track. Every so often I have to see how many push ups I can do at one time and that helps me to determine what workouts I will do. I like it. It gives me something else on paper to follow. I'm also doing this in addition to my regular workouts.
3. So, I got sick. It really effed me up for a few weeks. I thought I was having allergies and a cold, but I really had bronchitis. I kept looking at my doctor like he was crazy. I have not had bronchitis in I don't know how long. I didn't even feel bad. I went to the doctor to get more allergy medicine and I figured since I was there I would ask him about this cough I could not get rid of. Turns out my cold was worse than I thought! Anyway, I've been on the meds for about a week now and I feel a lot better.
4. The holidays have been in full swing around me. I feel myself being too tempted. I know I have not been the best eater lately. It's starting to weigh on my conscience too. I'm really needing to tighten the reigns here for the rest of the year.....and next year. I don't feel myself slipping backward, but I'm noticing little habits creeping back in. I'm trying to catch them and squash them before it gets bad, but I know I have not been the best eater lately. Working out has been no problem. I wish I had more time for the gym, then I could just pig out all day....yum.
5. There is something that has been bothering me lately.....skin. I am so over this extra skin. I'm sure a lot of you can understand that feeling too. I just want it gone. It will not go away on it's own. I'm am very proud of the fact that I lost all this weight with no medical intervention. I worked my ass off, literally. It was a slow process and I will forever be so proud of what I did, but this extra skin is really giving me different body issues. I'm at the point that I don't even want my boyfriend to see me in pajamas.....and that is a really unrealistic request! I need to save money to get it removed, but there are so many other things I need before I do that. It's on my list though, and it will happen. I'm just so tired of all this skin.
Well, that's my rambling update for the day. I need to spend more time on my blog and reading other blogs, but I just get so busy. I'm thinking about scheduling a true "blog time" for myself a few days a week! That might help me get my act together and keep me more accountable to myself!