Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just try to remember

So, I've been trying to refocus again, and again, and again. I've been talking to Janelle a lot about what I need to do and what I need to remember. 


My other friends are awesome too, but they just don't push me enough. Seriously. I need someone to be hard on me and push me because I know this is what I want. 


Janelle told me something yesterday that I need to start saying to myself. She told me that when she is on a meal plan and can't have the sweets that she wants when she wants, like a Reeses cup, she tells herself that Reeses will still be there when she is off her meal plan and done training for  a show. 


I need to start reminding myself that I'm working toward a goal (a really realistic goal - to be at a healthy weight) and right now, I will have to make sacrifices. All the junk food that I want will still be there when I reach my goal and I start a plan to maintain my weight. 


So, I know this is a post that is a little for serious me, and a little more serious that I like to be, but I have to get my act together and remember why I started this. 

3 comments:

  1. So it is a diet, which is a lifestyle change, which is Awesome. Stop with the candy,..The rest, great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good way to look at not eating the tempting foods. They will be there once the weight is off and we can taste them again after this journey! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great way of looking at things. And, your blog is what inspired me yesterday and today to just avoid the annual street fair outside my office building. The 30th anniversary is this year, it will still exist and I can go when I have better control of myself.

    ReplyDelete