Thursday, June 23, 2011

More walking...

So, I still have not been in a gym this week. I've been doing a lot of outside cardio this week. Maybe today I'll get to the gym. 


Instead of lifting I've just had a target number of calories to burn. I think most of it has to do with Zach not making workouts. He's getting really busy with football stuff, so I'm afraid this will happen more often....I hate cardio. 


Anyway, yesterday I made my tall friend go walking with me again. She was laughing at how I call her a giant and have to practically run to keep up with her long legs. Actually, she looked at me and said, "I don't know why you call me a giant. I'm only 5'7". Maybe if you weren't abnormally short this wouldn't be a problem." 


She really is a good person to take walking. When we go we like to find stairs to go up and down and different hills. Her long legs get her up the hills faster than mine do and I have to hear her yelling at me to keep my short legs moving. I think she usually yells something like, "Come on Sarah, keep those short legs going. You need to go faster. Move those short legs!"


It's funny that she's so motivational when we go out walking together, because she's usually a bad influence in everything else! You know, if I'm debating whether or not to buy something (because I know I don't need it) she is the friend that is like, "Sure you need it. You know you want it...just buy it." She's also been a bad influence in many other ways too! (Not like a really, really bad influence....but you know, the friend that always wants to have a good time and might talk you into doing random things you really shouldn't do!)


Basically, her and I need to keep walking together. With her long legs and constant yelling about my short legs I can burn almost 600 calories in 50 minutes and that's pretty darn good for a walk!

1 comment:

  1. I need a friend with long legs!! ;) keep up the great walks!!

    ReplyDelete