Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You mean there are calories in alcohol?

Yup, it’s true. Alcohol is chalk full of calories. I was in denial and that’s why it was so hard to adjust. I begged, I pleaded, I tried to bargain with Zach and Janelle and they weren’t having it. If I wanted to drink, I had to count the calories as part of my meal and I had to wait until it was time to have a meal! I told them that I just didn’t know if I could do that. What would I do if someone called and wanted to get a beer? What would I do if I had a bad day and wanted to have some cocktails to make myself feel better? I even told them that they didn’t understand because they don’t drink. Yea, none of that had any effect on them. They stuck to their guns, if I wanted to drink, I HAD TO COUNT THE CALORIES AND I HAD TO MAKE IT PART OF MY MEALS! I think I pouted like a 4 year old and told them something like, “well, I’ll try, but I’m not making any promises.” They just smiled and told me that it would be fine. Looking back, I probably made myself look like a raging drunk by having that hissy fit about alcohol, but that was nothing compared to the hissy fit I had at my apartment when I realized I was going to have leave the cream out of my coffee. I mean, I can adjust to the alcohol thing, but now my coffee? I thought I was going to cry. For the record, I’ve been ok with the whole counting alcohol calories and black coffee is pretty damn good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment