Monday, January 10, 2011

What the eff is a meal plan?

I had been working out with Janelle and Ashley for the better part of a year and was really not losing much weight. Janelle was relentless with this meal plan idea and I was just not having it. Eventually Janelle wore me down and I accepted the offer, but I needed a lot of information to make me feel better about making this choice.

Before I could even start this whole thing I had to go get a “bod pod” which of course led me to my next question, “what the eff is a bod pod?” According to the website of the place I go, “it’s the most accurate body composition measurement tool”. I translated that as me sitting in this thing that looks like an egg and when I’m done this nice lady, Dawn, tells me how many pounds of me is pure fat and how many pounds of me is lean mass. When I saw those numbers for the first time, I decided that the meal plan was the way to go, because those numbers were out of control. Someday I’ll scan them and put them up for everyone to see, but I’m just not ready for that yet!

After that Zach took the info and figured out how many calories I should be eating per day. Then those calories were divided into 5 meals spaced three hours apart. Basically, as the day goes on, I eat fewer calories and it’s designed specifically for me. Also, based on the amount of calories I eat I typically lose 1 pound per week. Pretty awesome, I know. Combined with my workouts, I can lose around 2 pounds per week. That is even more awesome. My meal plan has changed three times now, and I’m sure is going to change again. I have moved from only counting calories to counting calories, saturated fat, and trans fats. Don’t get me wrong, it was hard to adjust to this and I was really reluctant at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment