Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas eating

Ok, I'm cutting right to the chase.....I think I ate more on Christmas than I did on Thanksgiving.

I know, I know, Thanksgiving is the eating holiday; not Christmas!

I started the day off really well. I had breakfast and waited until I was supposed to eat my snack to get to my mom's house. I think that's where I made my mistake. I underestimated the deliciousness of the cookies I made.

It's not as bad as I make it sound, but it's something I haven't done in a long, long time. I grazed throughout the day. I never really sat down and at plate after plate of food. Hell, my family didn't even make that much food! We really cut back. I didn't make all the varieties of cookies I usually make. We didn't have all the desserts or foods that we would usually make.

I was just snacking here and there all day long. I don't even think I realized what was going on. After a while I just felt so full and uncomfortable! I know it was a bad thing. Hey, at least I didn't have alcohol on top of all those sweets!

I think the difference between Thanksgiving and Christmas is all the cookies. There are cookies that my family only makes one time a year. There are a lot of things we only make one time a year for Christmas or Thanksgiving. This has been true my whole life. That's why so many of those cookies are a real treat. I know that no one will make them for a year.

I eat sweets throughout the year. I don't deprive myself. If I crave something I work it into my meals. Apparently I tasted those delicious, once a year cookies and lost my head!

Ok, I even think I'm making it sound worse than it probably is. I know that I didn't binge or anything, but I have to remember that I can't graze all day! I just keep adding food on top of food....it sounds gross to even think about.

I have to weigh myself this weekend. I hope the damage is more mental than physical!

My family usually does ugly Christmas sweaters.
We were doing that even before it was popular.
This year we decided to mix it up and wear
Forever Lazy's. They are not as awesome
as the commercial makes them sound!

1 comment:

  1. I snacked way too much over the weekend too.
    Cute Forever Lazy LOL

    ReplyDelete