Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's really not that cold....

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. 


Before I started all this weight loss mubo jumbo I was never, ever cold. If anything I was hot. I never wore a coat in the winter unless it was like in the negative degrees and my AC was on by late April. 


Last October was when I noticed something new....I was freezing. I could not even warm myself up in any way, shape, or form. I remember it was Halloween and it was like 4o something degrees and I was standing outside in a sweatshirt with a blanket wrapped around my whole body. I was shivering and could not warm up. I knew it was going to be a long winter. The best thing I did last winter was by knee high socks. I wore them under everything and they really help. 


This summer I did not turn my AC on until July when it was 95 degrees with the heat index in the 100's. I was not as hot this summer as in the past. I'm ok with that though because it saved on my utility bills! 


But.....


The past week or so it's been a little cooler. It's been like high 70's during the day and low 60's at night. Guess who is already freezing? 


That's right.....me. I have been out on two different nights, hanging out on patios at local bars, and freezing my butt off. The one night I was wearing a sweater and jeans too. I was shivering....absolutely shivering and getting made fun of my everyone. 


If I'm this cold when it's like 60 something degrees at night what am I going to do when it's like November or December......or worse, January? I'm going to need thermal underwear (I thought about calling them long johns, but I didn't know if everyone would know what they were!)


And if I'm cold now, what am I going to do when I reach my goal weight? Am I going to have to wear a parka everywhere I go? I hope not, I hate coats.....which reminds me, I'm going to need to buy a coat!

5 comments:

  1. LOL!!! You are too funny!! I sadly can not relate... I am hoping it has nothing to do with my chubby butt. I have MS so I am ALWAYS HOT!! I mean literally... in the winter I REFUSE to turn on my heater. My hubs gets a little space heater that he drags around the house with him and has one on his side of the bed because I get to hot. I even sleep with a floor fan on high!! ;) LOL!! But, I see where you are coming from!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not say I know the feeling, yet. I feel like a human oven most days, I'm always freakin' hot. All my skinny friends are always freezing when I'm just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way. Lately my body temperature is just not like it used to be and these days my hands are almost always cold. I'm wondering if it will ever regulate itself or if I need to pick up some viatmins or something in case I'm lacking something? I just dont know... Every morning I get up and walk around wearing my snuggie until I warm up... though I will take being cold to being hot ANY day of the year lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, definitely have felt the cold affecting me differently. I'm excited to start sporting the new winter trends layer upon layer :) startingat500pounds

    ReplyDelete