Saturday, June 4, 2011

Why is my leg swelling?

Yesterday was strange. It was leg day and Janelle and I decided that we both wanted to squat more weight. We only made it through our regular squats. After her first set she looked down and her leg and ankle were all swollen. It was very, very strange. Needless to say we cut the workout short so Janelle could go to the doctor to find out what the heck was going on. She spent half the night in the emergency room just to find out that no one can find anything wrong with her leg! We thought it might be a blood clot, but the tests ruled all of that out. Very, very odd.


Anyway, I think Janelle squatted 185 and I squatted 120! Woo hoo! I was super proud of myself. I know that's the most either one of us have done. Well, maybe she's done more, but I'm not totally sure. 


So, today she's not lifting and I still have to go to the gym. I'm trying to motivate myself right now. I know I'll get there a little later, but it's so sunny out and I want to go to the pool! 


A lot of people have been posting lately about lifting. I think lifting is freakin' great. I think it's one of those things that you think you are going to hate and then you get addicted to it! I feel strange if I'm out of the gym for more that a day at a time!

4 comments:

  1. So why is her leg swelling? Weird. Also when you say squats with weights, what do you mean? I need to lift more!!! Lifting gets my little rush in shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They never figured out why her leg was swelling. When I squat, I use the squat rack. I don't use the smith machine. So I use the bar and add weight to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blog is fantastic and I've passed on an award to you. You can collect it here
    http://abetterlesserme.blogspot.com/2011/06/second-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE lifting! Love, love, LOVE it!

    Glad Janelle is okay!

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete