Sunday, June 26, 2011

Time for an update

So, today was  measurement day. 


I only lost one inch in the last month, but my only complaint is that it didn't turn out to be the best time of month for me to do measurements; if you know what I mean. That now means I've lost a total of 64.5 inches since I started this whole thing. As far as weight, I've now officially lost 90 pounds. I'm happy with all of this. 


Janelle keeps reminding me that I won't keep losing weight as fast as I was when I started. Basically, the less weight you have to lose the longer it takes. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that when I step on the scale. 


Also, I've kinda mentioned this in the past, but I've been straying from the meal plan from time to time. I haven't for the past 2 weeks, and when I have it's not like I went on a bender and consumed like 20,000 calories. I've just been enjoying my summer and having a few extra beers on a few nights. I had an excellent time, I'm glad I did it because now it's out of my system, and now I can get back on track. Trust me, I had fun, but when I hopped on that scale and didn't see what I expected, I knew exactly why. 


I'm not making excuses for myself. I know why I wasn't losing for a few weeks (but I wasn't gaining). I'm still heading in the right direction. 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your loss! It's very tough to adjust to the new speed of weight loss - when I first started, I had a 4-6 pound loss every week! Now, I get 1-3 and sometimes it's stressful - I want to see the huge drops, but I know that my body is doing all it can and I don't want to hurt myself while trying to heal myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's good that you are still able to maintain with all the "summer" foods and drinks. Summer is such a tough time when it comes to eating right, thank God it only last's 3 months lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on your progress so far. I too am getting to the point where things are slowing down, it's frustrating but I have to remind myself of the same thing, I am closer and closer to goal and it's gonna get harder not easier! Good job on really maintaining though, I am so scared to stop tracking my intake everyday of fear of blowing up the scale again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! A loss is a loss! I def think its hard to loose weight period, but especially in winter. Me and ice cream have a love hate kind of relationship lol. Your doing great though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so amazed at your dedication and determination! Congrats on the 90-lbs mark and I'm looking forward to so many more (well.... you don't need to lose that many anymore do you!).

    ReplyDelete