Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Soooo sore!

The other day I was saying how proud I was that I didn't slack off at the gym. I had to go alone for 2 days because Janelle was trying to let her leg get back to normal. 


Well, I know that I really didn't slack off, because I am so sore that I can hardly stand myself. I'm getting more sore as the days go by. I know by tomorrow it will be better, but when you wake up 2 days after a workout and you are more sore than the first day, it's pretty bad. I hate the delayed muscle soreness. 


I have freakishly strong inner thighs (I think it's from being a competitive swimmer in my younger days; I was amazing at the breast stroke.) and they usually never, ever get sore. All day yesterday I felt like I was walking like Frankenstein because my inner thighs have been so sore! 


My sides and abs are also really sore. From time to time that does happen, so I'm not totally shocked, but it's so sore that it hurts to take a deep breath, cough, laugh, turn my torso, etc...


Don't get me wrong though, it's still the "good hurt". I complain about it, but I love it at the same time. Being sore is reassurance that I'm doing something right!

3 comments:

  1. The whole time I read this I kept thinking that even though it hurts...its a good hurt. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved being sore after a good workout. It meant that I used my time wisely! :) Good for you! You must feel so strong inside and out!

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soreness means it works is what I was told...That is so sucky though lol it should tickle or something

    ReplyDelete