Monday, May 9, 2011

Spinning? Not so much.

Seeing as how yesterday was mother's day, my friend and I were worried about classes at the gym being cancelled. 


I was at one gym yesterday morning and they cancelled all their classes and had limited hours. I sent her a message and told her to check with the other gym to find out if they were having classes. 


She found out that they were under normal hours and normal class schedule. I even called to find out as well. Neither of us really wanted to go spinning, but since we said we would try it, we really weren't going to back out. We made excuses the whole way there, but managed to make it all the way to the gym and into the aerobics room. 


Guess what? There was no one there. We checked the time and it was 10 till 4. The class was supposed to start at 4. Neither of us had any idea what to do so we were waiting for someone else to show up and guide us in getting set up. 


At 3:55 I decided to just sit on the floor. My friend did the same. At 4 we looked at each other trying to figure out what the hell was going on. No one was there. At 4:05 we got up and left. We had a good time sitting there because we can crack each other up all day long. 


It was just frustrating because we called and checked TWICE to find out if there were still classes! We planned our whole day around going to the class. 


She still wants to go and try. I guess we will wait until next Sunday and try again!

4 comments:

  1. I would be so annoyed if I made it all the way there only to find it NOT going on as planned. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would be annoyed!!! Sorry the class didn't work out, I hope that someone would at least inform you next time or something. That's a PITA when you plan it, and no one shows. UGH. Good for you guys on planning to try again though! I'm anxious to hear how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so goofy that they cancelled classes on mother's day. I mean I know it is important, but why shut everything down?

    I had a co-ed soccer game and hardly anyone showed up for the same reason. I mean, I found time on mother's day to exercise and celebrate my mom.

    I hope you try spinning soon, I know so many people who swear by it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking up when all else around is just cracked; brilliant!

    ReplyDelete