Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Empty closet.

I was looking for something to wear and I was having a hell of a time because everything I put my hands on was too big! Initially I was frustrated, but then I realized that everything was too big, not too small and that made me feel better. 


I had some time yesterday and started pulling out tops that didn't fit. I have one closet for tops and sweaters and another for pants. My pant closet always has plenty of room, but my tops closet is usually packed full. I usually can't find a hangar or a spot to hang anything! I have to keep everything together by color and sleeve length in that closet or I will lose everything! I'll never find a top again if it gets out of place. Well....that was until I started cleaning. 


About every 3 months I go through the closet and take out a few tops here and there that don't fit. I stop at about 3 bags of tops and take them to Goodwill. Then I will buy more tops and the closet just fills right back to maximum capacity. 


Yesterday I don't know what got into me! I was just tearing everything out of there. I was trying things on to see if they still fit, which most things were too big, and I filled 3 giant trash bags. My tops don't even fill one half of the closet now. Almost 3/4 of the closet is just empty hangars. 
Not my closet, but pretty close!
Now, I have to go shopping. I have like 4 cardigans and a bunch of tank tops! I'm going to need more than that to get through the summer! I also still kept some shirts that I know I should have parted with. I think I was afraid that I would really have nothing left on the hangars. My closet is literally filled wall to wall this hangars. I can hardly even find room for one more hangar. I'm now trying to figure out how I had clothes hanging on all of those hangars!

I sell my jeans back to Plato's Closet when I have to buy smaller pants, but I don't with the tops. I'm going to have to make a trip to Plato's Closet and Goodwill. I just don't have the money to buy new clothes at full price to only wear them for 2 months!

5 comments:

  1. I am the same way with buying clothes... I don't want to invest money in clothes that I will wear for a short time.. I mostly wear athletic things now and have a few nicer things to wear out...but like you I am constantly purgeing my clothes... This is getting expensive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boyfriend and I clean out our closet 2-3 times a year to figure out what can be thrown, donated, or tailored! More space in the closet = MORE SHOPPING for me ;)

    Hope you pick up some great things when you go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did the same thing!! Ended up giving away two huge trash bags of clothes. Although now i also have to go shopping, it does feel AMAZING doesn't it??! But yea I'm with you on not buying new new stuff ..Goodwill it is!! Keep up the great work!

    -Krystle
    skinny-jeans-dreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are actually quite a few people out here in bloggyland who are noticing their clothes are too big! YAY!! Oh the feeling of success. Enjoy shopping! And I too LOVE Plato's Closet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like Stacy and Clinton (from What Not to Wear) came to your house!

    Enjoy the feeling of having all of your clothes being too big...although it's hard on the wallet, it's even harder to have a closet full of clothes that are all too small and having to buy BIGGER ones.

    I love Goodwill and Plato's Closet for "transitional"-sized clothes. Lots of people get rid of stuff that they never wore (hoping to lose weight to fit into it?).

    Make sure you show us what you buy!

    ReplyDelete