Saturday, April 23, 2011

My gym is like a circus

The gym has been so interesting lately. I'm telling ya, if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, come to the gym with me. You will not be disappointed. 

Yesterday there were a bunch of high school boys working out and it was kinda sad because it was clear that they were athletes that had awful coaches because they had no clue how to workout. I knew more than they did. They just kept floating around the gym doing the strangest things. At one point, one boy would get on the ground on his hands and knees, making his back like a table top. Then another boy would put his feet up on the boys back and try to do push-ups. I'm not really even sure how to explain it. It was the oddest thing I've ever seen. 

There was also a girl tagging along with two guys. She had no clue what she was doing, but she sure thought she looked cute. She kept checking her hair in the mirror and adjusting her clothes.  One boy was paying more attention to her, so I decided that they were a couple. The other boy seemed annoyed, so I decided that he was the guy who hated his friends girlfriend. I made up a little story about them and told Janelle what I thought was going on. 

I imagine that she is one of those girlfriends who has to go everywhere with her boyfriend. She doesn't trust him, so she makes sure to tag along everywhere he goes. She says that she wants to workout and he can't tell her no so she goes along with them to the gym. Now these guys can't get anything done and this girl if requiring a lot of attention. 

After I told Janelle what I thought was going on she was like, "wow you just came up with all of that right now?" I told her that I did. She should know by now that I have an active imagination!

At one point I did look over at her and she was holding some 10 pound weights and just swinging them around. I'm not even sure what she was doing. She was also orange. She tanned way too much. 

I was in a rut at the gym lately. I didn't want to go, I was getting bored, I was tired of what we were doing, and then the past few days have been amazing. I think that I'm more motivated when I know I'm going to have some good people watching. I need to people watch.  It entertains me and makes my time at the gym go faster. I hope this streak of odd people at the gym continues. I have to get more motivation! 


4 comments:

  1. Too funny! I observe the same oddities all the time at my gym. The worst ever was the man in the short shorts stretched on the track railing with his leg in the air....yep, 20 people on machines were grimacing, looking in different directions. I think the gym is a prime place for people watching hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. I have no other words, your gym really IS a circus! There are only two strange birds at my gym and I rarely see them! It would be nice to have a little of that kind of entertainment actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL they should definetly turn your gym into a reality show

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Candy...lol I always get excited when I see that you have a gym story...lol Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete