Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back from Nebraska....again.

      I went on an emergency trip to Nebraska. It was totally unexpected and I didn't have the time to get my food and workouts planned out. 


      Honestly, my grandma that I just went to see for her 90th passed away unexpectedly so I literally hopped in a car on Friday and drove on Friday and Saturday to get there for the wake/prayer service on Sunday. We left on Monday and we drove straight through the whole 13 hours. There was no way I could miss any of that. My grandma was freakin' awesome. 


     Anyway, eating wasn't bad while I was there. I packed a bunch of snacks. Ok really, I threw a bunch of granola bars, craisins, 100 calorie packs, and chex mix into a bag an put it in the car. The problem was drinking. Old habits die hard. I was stressed. So I know I had too many calories on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 


     Both hotels we stayed in said they had "gyms" in them. That was a joke. There was nothing in either. Actually, they had really out dated equipment that didn't work. I had to make things up on the spot and do whatever I could without any equipment. 


      But....I did take my resistance band with me in the car and I used it from time to time when I was bored on the car ride. If you don't have resistance bands you should go get some. 


      I'm going to have to step it up again this week to make up for lost time. Here's to getting back on track...let's hope these unexpected trips stop popping up on me. 



8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are ok!

    Roadtrips ARE hard. I have such a craving for junk when I'm on a roadtrip so good for you for packing healthy snacks.

    I do better when I'm on routine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry For your loss and wow, your grandma lived for a long LONG time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss.

    I'm amazed at how much you managed to do despite the circumstances. It really shows your dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so so sorry for your loss :(



    I am also so proud(?? should I say proud??) that you still wanted to workout during that time. Amazing! You have some serious drive mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah.. I am so sorry for your loss. And I am so glad you got to see your grandma again recently. ((HUGS))

    You did a great job while gone..even under less than ideal circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss. But on a positive note, you still wanted to work out and eat healthy snacks, which is great thing.

    ReplyDelete