Monday, March 7, 2011

Yummy food.

          A few weeks ago I checked out a new cookbook. I was really excited to try it out. I even told everyone some of the recipes that I was going to make. Well, I haven’t made any of the ones I mentioned, but I did make a few different ones and I have not been disappointed!

Amazing Cookbook

            I’m not sure if I can or should repost the recipe, but I will tell you that you can find them online on the Taste of Home website. Maybe I’ll post links to them and they all have pictures too. That can’t be bad can it?

            The first recipe I made for me, my mom, sister, and brother-in-law. It was onion-apricot pork chops. I figured since pork chops and apples are so good that pork chops and other fruits must be good too. It was fantastic. A serving was one pork chop with the onions and apricots on top. It was 296 calories per serving and there were only 4 grams of saturated fat per serving.

            The next recipe I tried was actually a desert. I made it to serve to my sisters, brothers in law, nieces, nephews, and mom. It was caramel toffee ice cream pie. This was also amazing and it didn’t take a lot of time to make. It said it served 10. Honestly, that would have been 10 big pieces. We made it serve 12. I did take my own picture of this one because I was so proud of how nice it turned out! For 10 servings it would be 244 calories per slice and 3 grams of saturated fat.

This was amazing. Make it, eat it, love it. 

            Yesterday I made southwest turkey stew. Also amazing. It didn’t take long to make. It did have to cook in the slow cooker for about 5 hours, but it was seriously easy to make. I like spicy foods, so next time I will add more chili powder and cumin. Also, it said it would make 6 servings, but it was really like 5.5. It was really good and since the weather has been so crappy lately, a nice stew really hit the spot. Anyway, a serving is 1 and ¼ cup and has 238 calories and 1 gram saturated fat.

            There is one more recipe I came across in the cookbook that I have made in the past. It is chicken pesto pizza. I have made this recipe a million times. It is wonderful! The recipe says that it makes one pizza, but the chicken, peppers, and onion could really be spread onto 2 or 3 pizzas, depending on high you like your toppings piled on your pizza. If you follow the recipe and cut the pizza into 8 slices each slice will be 293 calories and have 3 grams of saturated fat.

            I will continue to make recipes from the book. It’s nice to find some new things to eat. I will continue to let you all know if they are any good. So far I’ve been pretty good at picking recipes that have been awesome. http://www.tasteofhome.com/

6 comments:

  1. that pie looks amazing!

    I ma going to check out the turkey stew... I need some good crockpot recipes.

    Thanks for sharing the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE crock pot meals...so easy, and since I'm lazy, it works for me...ha

    That pie is making me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the demanding tone. make it, eat it, love it. End of story. ;) hahahahaha

    I am all over the chicken pesto pizza!!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pie looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pie looks great! I really need to get into cooking...:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all sound amazing!! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete