Tuesday, February 1, 2011

If Jared got Subway, I want Taco Bell.

            I love Taco Bell, and when I say I love Taco Bell; I mean I could eat it every day, for every meal, for the rest of my life. If you threw in ice cream for dessert, I would be the happiest girl in the history of the world. Now, I’m a realist and I know this isn’t possible. I know that I can’t have Taco Bell and ice cream for every meal, but I like to think I can; especially since they have that delicious “Drive Thru Diet” now.

            When I started the meal plan I wasn’t sure I would be able to have Taco Bell anymore. I think I whimpered a little when I realized that the chicken grilled stuffed burrito had around 700 calories. I started looking at the web site trying to find anything at all that I could eat from there. I kept coming across the fresco style options. I wasn’t sure I wanted to try them, because who wants Mexican with no cheese or sour cream? Not me, that’s for damn sure, or so I thought.

            I couldn’t fight the Taco Bell craving one day, so I took a little trip to the Bell. I was sure this was going to be a bad thing and I was convinced that I was going to blow the whole meal plan. I was gripping my steering wheel, my hands were sweating; I wanted that grilled stuffed burrito super bad.

I managed to do ok though. I actually bit the bullet and ordered my soft tacos fresco style. I made it through and I tried something new. It took me a hot second to adjust to the no cheese and sour cream thing. Overall, it was pretty good. I’m now a fan of the “Drive Thru Diet”.

So, I think Taco Bell needs a real spokesperson, and I think that person should be me. I’ve eaten so much Taco Bell over the years that I even shorten the name to just TB. I think I have single handedly kept the TB in my city in business! I mean, if Jared became famous from walking and eating Subway, I want to be famous for eating Taco Bell to help me lose weight!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you should walk to Taco Bell everyday, eat the frescos only and take pics- I bet they would be thrilled to see someone lose weight on their stuff-plus I bet they would add more healthy options to their menu, so you would be helping LOT of other people, too! You are so generous! ;-)

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic idea! My TB is kinda far away though. Maybe I'll drive half way there, stash my car on a side street, and walk the rest of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess we will both do the "Drive Thru Diet" an be the "Jared's" for Taco Bell!

    ReplyDelete