Friday, March 9, 2012

I bet I'm not the only one

So, from time to time I have to go to the doctor. That's not unusual at all. Everyone has to see at doctor at some point.

Today I had to go see my gynecologic oncologist. That is not typical for everyone, but hey, I like to be different. I had to go for my yearly check up. This is 7 years cancer free. Woot woot. The appointment went fine.

Anyway, here is what I thought was funny. I was in the shower this morning trying to figure out what to wear to work today. Then it dawned on me that I have to see the doctor before work, and with the doctor comes a scale. I immediately ruled out wearing boots and a heavy sweater. I was shampooing my hair thinking to myself that I wanted to wear my lightest clothes I can find because I don't want my weight to look too heavy.

After that I started laughing because I realize I did the same things a few weeks ago when I had to see a different doctor.

I put together an outfit that I thought would weigh less than my other clothes and be close to the weight of my gym clothes. That way I could see if my weight was going up or down. Crazy, right?

In the past it would have not even crossed my mind to wear "light" clothes to the doctor. Now I'm trying to find ways to shed a few layers of clothing before they weigh me because I want it to be super accurate.

I slipped off my shoes when the nurse told me to get on the scale. She told me that I didn't have to bother and I told her that I most definitely did have to take off my shoes. I almost took off my cardigan too, but I decided I would look like a crazy person. After she looked at my weight from the last two appointments (all a year apart) she understood. She asked how much I had lost and if I was purposefully losing weight. I briefly explained the last 2 years of my life.

Anyway, I thought it was funny that I would plan my whole outfit around a scale and look for an outfit that weighs less than my regular work clothes. God, I crack myself up some days.

4 comments:

  1. Are you saying that's not normal? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally, have never done that... but now... It is going to pop in my head for every doctor appointment!! Hahahaha you are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO not alone, I absolutely plan my clothing for any time that I *might* have to get on a scale- WW, doctor, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe! This made me chuckle. I'm the same, if I'm on the scales, especially in front of someone, then I am wearing the lightest things possible.

    ReplyDelete