Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's time for me to talk about myself!

Imagine that, me talking about myself. Who knew?

So, I've been running into people that I haven't seen for a while. I was unaware that some people are startled when they see me. I guess if I haven't seen someone for a few months it could be a little odd to see me.

The other day someone was so surprised to see me that they hugged me. I'm not much of a hugger, but I couldn't avoid it.

I've also been asked if I'm noticing the difference and feeling different. My response is, yes I do notice the difference. When I look at recent pictures I see the difference. A few times I've had to do a double take at the picture. I smile a lot when I look at pictures now and it also sucks because the other people in the pictures look at them and tell me that they look awful. I'm not going to lie. I think I  look pretty good in most pictures and I want to post them all on FB, but when everyone else says they look awful, I can't post them!

As for the other question, I don't really feel different. I feel the way I've always felt. My personality hasn't changed, my beliefs haven't changed (OK, some have), my morals haven't changed, ect, ect. I'm the same, I just look different. I guess people want to think that I've had some big epiphany about life and love, or whatever, but I haven't. All of those beliefs are still in tact.

I do try more activities that I was scared to do before or didn't think I could do because of how much I weighed, but everything else is still the same. I'm still the same outspoken, over opinionated, loud, hard working, smart, hilarious girl that I've always been.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post. People can have very weird reactions to weight gain/loss. Good and bad. But it definitely sounds like you're getting reassurance from everyone of what you already know! You're doing awesome. Such an inspiration.

    Tara
    www.bornthisweigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you say PEOPLE WANT TO BELIEVE YOURE DIFFERENT---but youre the same.

    I got that same reaction from my peeps and family,too.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete