Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back to reality

           I made it back from Nebraska yesterday. Overall, it was an awesome trip; your grandma only turns 90 once so you have to get there for that! I love to see my family and I always have fun with them. I love being in a small town and being away from the internet. My cell phone barely works while I’m there! It was hard to post while I was there and I couldn’t get enough reception to read other blogs! Last night I was speed reading to catch up on everything I missed!

            So, the eating was a little difficult. I did the best that I could. There is not fast food close to where I was staying, so that was easy to avoid, but my family is full of amazing cooks! Even taking a small scoop of all the different foods was way over my calorie limit! I was still able to refuse seconds, pass on deserts, and drink a lot of water!

            I’ve been following meal plans for over a year now and I’m really good at following my plans. My trip to Nebraska was the first time I was following the meal plan without following the meal plan. (I hope that makes sense.) To put it another way, I had to rely on my body to tell me when it was time to eat and when it was time to stop eating. I feel like I did pretty good. I wasn’t totally perfect, but for the first time, I was pretty good.

            I had one aunt who was trying to sabotage me! It was kind of funny and she was joking more than anything. I pretty much told her she was the devil and everyone agreed. Anyway, I didn’t give into her temptations. I refused the fried chicken, I refused the sweets, but I didn’t refuse her pad thai. She makes the best pad thai ever. It was full of tofu, shrimp, chicken, and veggies. I know I ate too much of that, but there is no way I can ever refuse her pad thai.

            The working out was difficult too. I really wanted to take more walks, but there were so many people to visit with and I also wanted to see my grandma as much as possible. She’s not super mobile these days, so taking walks with her was out of the question.

            Overall, I had an awesome trip. I think I may have set myself back just a little, but I had to see my family. I will get back on track this week. Today starts my regular eating every three hours and following the calorie amounts for each meal. If I have to work double time in the gym this week, I will. 
Me and Grandma July, 2009
Me and Grandma March, 2011
I totally packed my own snacks!
More snacks!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, love the pics! You look great! what kind of snacks do you usually eat? I'm getting bored with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious on the snacks too, I noticed you had a Cliff bar, are those tasty? I keep eating the same thing and it is getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat a lot of clif bars. They are all around 240 calories and they don't have much saturated fat. I've tried a lot of them and I like them all. They do look kinda yucky, but they are very tasty. I also eat a lot of craisins. Some people think they are too sugary, but they are really good. I also eat the Life bars. They are good and low in calories and saturated fat. They also are low in sugar.

    I used to eat slim fast meal bars. They are really good, but they are high in saturated fat and sugar. I would like to eat them, but I'm leaving them out for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm-We love craisins at our house!!

    Good job making the effort to stay close to plan when "under the influence." Your grandma must be so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great job!! I pack snacks now too!! I guess we have to, especially traveling!! You are looking amazing girl!!

    ReplyDelete