Monday, March 28, 2011

And the compliments keep coming.

            Don’t get me wrong; I’m not complaining. I’m just sayin’, the compliments are coming my way and I’m pretty excited about it.

            I’ve had a few people in the past few days not recognize me. They’ve said things like, “I thought it was you, but I wasn’t sure. When I heard you talk I knew it was you.”

            Someone even used the term “tiny” in relation to my size; as in, “Wow, you are getting teeny tiny.” I think that was an excessive comment because I still have 60 something pounds to go, but if someone wants to call me tiny I’m not going to complain.

            The best and strangest compliment I’ve received in the past few days was from some teacher I’ve never seen before who asked for me to show my student ID and was angry that I was in the hall after the bell. I laughed a first because she thought I was student and she thought I looked that young, but then I realized she was serious. I explained that I worked in a different building and I really did work there. She still tried to take me to the office. I just walked away.

            Anyway, I know this post sounds a little self-centered and conceited, but whatever, it’s my blog. I can talk about how awesome I am all day long. Ha. Ok really, I’ve never taken compliments very well, but I’m learning. I can’t get shy and upset when people compliment me. I’m really looking different. I’d rather them notice than not notice. It helps me realize how much all of my hard work is paying off.
            

4 comments:

  1. I notice that with compliments I have to practice saying "thank you" instead of "oh, no, I haven't lost any in weeks" or "I have been doing so badly" or any other combination of words that try to negate the nice thing that has been said to me. It is just always my first instinct to deflect or deny. Which is a terrible way to react to a compliment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally can relate. In the last 5 months the compliments roll in almost daily it seems. People I work with always say something, some of the guys jokingly call me a "skinny witch" all in good fun, or "slim" so weird to hear because I laugh and say I am far from skinny but I suppose how I use to look I am sure I do look skinny. I do love hearing the compliments it makes me know and feel like all the hard work I do is paying off but I don't let it get to my head either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww!! How awesome!! You must have been feeling pretty damn good ms tiny gal!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats awesome, you know people aren't going to just say that out of nowhere, so take every compliment you get! It is so motivating when people notice your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete